USPS eRetire is a new online employee service in the Liteblue usps login portal especially designed for the employees who are going to retire soon from the USPS services. USPS workers can manage and maintain their retirement plans, check their annuity estimates, and access all the other retirement benefit plans on this portal.
eRetire is available for use on the USPS portal at http://www.liteblue.usps.gov/. Employees just need their Employee ID and USPS password to log on to their accounts and start using it. This online portal is not supported for Chrome and Firefox, you must have Internet Explorer v7.0, v8.0, and v11.0 to access it.
You can check when you are going to retire, or if you want to retire before your working period ends, then you can also apply for retirement online on eRetire. In this post, know all the information about the USPS online portal eRetire.
Who Can Use ERetire
All the full-time USPS employees who are fulfilling the below requirements are eligible for using eRetire to begin and access their retirement activities online.
- Employees within 5 years of retirement eligibility.
- Employees within 180 days (6 months) of retirement eligibility.
- Employees who are currently in retirement eligibility (Optional retirement).
Part-time(PT) USPS workers, Non-traditional Full-time (NTFT) employees, and Postal Inspectors can’t use eRetire for managing their retirement plans. They will need a manual annuity estimate to process their retirement plans.
If you are not eligible for using the eRetire according to the eligibility criteria, then contact the HR Shared Service Center (HRSSC) at 1-877-477-3273, menu option 5 to request an annuity estimate. The manual annuity estimate will be mailed to your address within 10 working days.
How To Use ERetire On Liteblue USPS
The process is quite simple. Just follow the steps given below to login to your employee portal on eRetire.
- Open your browser and visit the Human Resources page.
- Or directly copy this URL https://liteblue.usps.gov/humanresources/.
- Now, under the “My HR” tab, scroll down and click on the “Employee Apps” button.
- Then, select “eRetire” and open it.
- Login to your Liteblue account using employee ID and password.
- That’s it.
What Can USPS Employees Do In ERetire
There are three full-time USPS employee categories that fall into the eligibility criteria of accessing eRetire employee portal. USPS employees generally can perform the operations that are given below based on their retirement eligibility.
- Employees view and print their annuity estimates.
- They can choose a specific date for retirement and begin the retirement process online
- Request for a retirement application package through an online download or via mail.
- Schedule a retirement counseling.
USPS Employees Within 5 Years Of Retirement Eligibility
The employees who are going to retire in the next 5 years can “Request for an annuity estimate on a specified date”. Also, they can view and print the annuity estimate from the portal based on the following:
- Retirement eligibility date.
- Retirement eligibility date + 6 months.
- Retirement eligibility date + plus 1 year.
USPS Employees Within 6 Months Of Retirement Eligibility/ Currently Eligible
The employees who are eligible for retirement in 6 months, those who are currently eligible for the retirement, and the employees who are taking an optional retirement, can view or print their annuity estimate on eRetire based on the following:
- The first day of the next month.
- The first day of the next month + 6 months.
- The first day of the next month + 1 year.
The soon to be retiring employees can also apply for a retirement application package n the online portal eRetire. This application package can be downloaded online or it will be sent to you by mail.
They can also schedule counseling sessions on eRetire where they can announce their retirement. The counseling session should not be earlier than 90 days before retirement.
eRetire is an online service provided by USPS for managing the retirement activities for their employees. This is totally a personal account of an employee and doesn’t have any work-related activities. Employees who are going to retire within 6 months, 5 years, and those who are currently eligible for the retirement can use this service. You can request a retirement application package, select a date for retirement, request an annuity estimate, and print your annuity estimate using this portal. Hope you liked this piece of information. For more related articles, visit the Liteblue.fun website.